Late 90s J-Pop drum samples

Currently reading:
Late 90s J-Pop drum samples

Natural

comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠155,621
Been listening to some Japanese music from this time period and noticed the drum samples sounding really nice - in particular the snares. I have certainly heard them thousands of times before in other songs from the same time period, so I'm 90% sure that they come from some mass produced sample cd that was available in the mid 90s, that is most likely hosted on this site, I'm just unsure which exactly. Hope one of you knows the exact cd or set of cds.

Been listening to some Japanese music from this time period and noticed the drum samples sounding really nice - in particular the snares. I have certainly heard them thousands of times before in other songs from the same time period, so I'm 90% sure that they come from some mass produced sample cd that was available in the mid 90s, that is most likely hosted on this site, I'm just unsure which exactly. Hope one of you knows the exact cd or set of cds.

those sounds are the new jack swing and american r&b, the acid loops libraries were a wide collection that regrouped all that legacy of the past. soinc foundry made 64 cd's of electronic dance music and r&b hiphop.

sounds like a lot of new jack swing/RnB drums. i like to use the Drums In Your FACE! sample CD for stuff like that, but there are plenty out there with a similar 90s vibe
yeah its like the mid 90s onwards new jack swing sound after they stopped using drum machines and started using sample cds. i appreciate the specific cd i havent got it downloaded surprisingly. thank you.

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
  • Natural @ Natural:
    faen said:
    welcome to the site, i hope you're doing well :)
    ive been here for a while actually but thank you hope the same to you too !!
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • faen @ faen:
    Y2KBazo said:
    you're fucking alive what the fuckkkk
    Quote Link
  • faen @ faen:
    hi bazo!!!
    Quote Link
  • faen @ faen:
    Natural said:
    ive been here for a while actually but thank you hope the same to you too !!
    ah, my bad, didn't notice :)
    Quote Link
  • L Chat Bot:
    Guest litiocandic has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    i just discovered this website
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    it looks quite interesting
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    how i discovered it? i was on the mod archive forums, and someone linked it (in the downloads page, where all the 90s sample CDs are)
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    so i looked through the rest of the downloads
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    and they're definitely something
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    it's 3:26 am for me rn
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    i guess i'll look through the downloads on this website on a lot of late nights when i feel bored
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    idk
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Link
  • L (Guest) litiocandic:
    i'm kinda tired, so i might sleep soon
    Quote Link
  • bananalizard @ bananalizard:
    i completely forget how i found this site, but i like it for how small and cozy it is
    Quote Link
    dived into my history and it was from a reddit post i found after searching for "best service sample cds" on google
    Reactions: faen
    Quote Link
  • faen @ faen:
    Fair enough, many people were brought here by the sample CDs collection, myself included
    Quote Link
    i dont think many stick around though, which is a bit sad but oh well
    Quote Link
  • Natural @ Natural:
    i wonder who here hasnt joined because of the saple cds
    Quote Link
  • Natural @ Natural:
    got to be a couple
    Quote Link
  • faen @ faen:
    yeah we very rarely have people stick around