Is there a video editor for windows that isn't absolute fucking garbage?

Currently reading:
Is there a video editor for windows that isn't absolute fucking garbage?

Xeraser

Professional shade thrower.
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠518,899
I tried everything and nothing works right.
Vegas 8/9/17/18: it crashes 80% of the time when trying to do anything
Shotcut: see above
Kdenlive: see above
Openshot: see above
Premiere CC (any): crashes, also extremely slow
Resolve: see above
Filmora: see above

I know my 3570K is 10 years old but how the fuck did people make youtube videos back in 2012/2013?
Isn't there some hardware-accelerated video editor that can make use of my 1080 Ti?
I don't want to buy an egpu setup for my macbook just to make fucking youtube videos.

This isn't helpful but I used to use Adobe Premiere and it very rarely crashed on me and I have a comparable, similarly old CPU. I also don't recall any problems with slowness aside from initial startup and rendering or if I tried to import a bunch of large clips all at once. It's been several years since I've used it though, so perhaps newer versions are buggy or something. Assuming it's pirated, did you try different cracks? Maybe that's part of the problem.

This isn't helpful but I used to use Adobe Premiere and it very rarely crashed on me and I have a comparable, similarly old CPU. I also don't recall any problems with slowness aside from initial startup and rendering or if I tried to import a bunch of large clips all at once. It's been several years since I've used it though, so perhaps newer versions are buggy or something. Assuming it's pirated, did you try different cracks? Maybe that's part of the problem.
Different cracks make no difference. I might go back and try CS6 but I forgot whether that one can render stuff at 60 fps or not. Pretty much all the ones I mentioned will crash when importing clips more often than not, not even large ones. In fact most of the time they're under 50mb. Previewing in Premiere has always been slow as shit though, even on half quality settings.

Weird, that makes me wonder if it's something disk related since they all crash when importing, but I don't know what specifically. If something was really wrong with your disk you would know.

CS6 was what, like 2013-14ish? Surely by that point 60fps would have been a standard feature in professional video editing software. But Adobe is weird so who knows.

And now that you mention slow previewing, I do remember having to always lower the quality for the preview to keep things snappy.

Wish I could help, I know the pain of running into random software bugs that make no sense and seemingly affect no one else. It can be infuriating.

this pack(an older version with eng translation and most plugins installed) may work. the pack was made by someone called Maverick Tse and they seemed to stop updating it due to some real life issue. this guy's site and github:

Hope it helps.

this pack(an older version with eng translation and most plugins installed) may work. the pack was made by someone called Maverick Tse and they seemed to stop updating it due to some real life issue. this guy's site and github:

Hope it helps.
Installed it, corrected the paths, gives an error and crashes when playing the mp4s it can actually import.

I hate video editors.

Try checking your drivers, been using cracked premiere pro for a while on a gtx 770 and i7-6700, there's the ocasional crash but otherwise it works smoothly.

Elements/cc also crashed on me a lot, seems like they remove a lot of features that makes the pro version work...

I use some cracked version of sony vegas pro 16, because it's the last one that works with my plugins (sapphire, continuum, redgiant universe). In the settings I set it to autosave frequently, because sometimes it likes to crash, but that roughly depends on the effects you use.
It also works for me on the latest wine staging, on linux. To make it work, you need to move an existing installation from a VM or windows, and delete filestubsproxy.dll or something like that from vegas directory.

I use Camtasia 9 (or 2020) for a long time. It's paid but you should be able to find a crack. It does pretty much all I need it to do: crop/zoom parts of videos, add text or arrows, add images, adjust volume of sound, etc. Maybe you can try Kdenlive. I've tried it and it felt complicated and some things took too many steps but I think you get used to that (haven't used it for very long so idk).

Have you tried just using older versions? i'm certain there are still seeded versions of old cracked adobe software, and anything foss you can just find the earlier version on their releases

Videopad is good because it stores the videos you're editing in its cache. Won't be as choppy when playing back, and I've never had it crash on me. The editing features itself are alright for basic youtube vids from the sony vegas era.

Also when it asks for a licence key, just use 210870705-mnrdenzi 😉

I hate to come across as 'that kinda bitch', but if you're looking to get into video editing for the purposes of ease... you probably shouldn't be looking into video editing PERIOD.
A buddy of mine I'm close to and I were speaking on this recently while hanging out in-person. He runs an independent film company (< their YouTube) and was showing me some of his newer equipment.
It takes A LOT MORE HARDWARE to get things looking quality than I had expected. At least for it to look good on large screens, and I attended a screening with him recently where it all looked REALLY GOOD up from such a place. Most of the films weren't even ones he had a hand in, just ones he was looking to showcase from around the state. (*I moved back to AL, by the way)

I told him about my recent struggles trying to get back into video making proper. I've been having a few ideas for tangential/anecdotal-style videos about whatever topics interest me.
(I might end up sharing those here if people wanna see any of 'em once they're ready!) And... to put it bluntly... I use Movie Studio Platinum 17 off Steam. I used to use 13. And it's... it's not very good.
I pirated VEGAS 12 when I was much younger but no PC I've ever been able to afford could get it to properly function for very long without crashing.

There are *Some workarounds.
Namely rendering whatever's in the loop region at a time rather than the whole video all at once.
The more slices, edits, and effects I pile in the more the program becomes unstable. (Because a program I paid for should be horribly unoptimized.)
But re-rendering over and over until it looks like a somewhat interesting video is what it takes for me to produce... pretty much anything I'd be proud in sharing.
I'm even gonna attempt putting all (or at least most) of my more recent video ideas through an actual VCR, since I have that capability on hand.
Not sure if people will like the results or not, but I'm not making these video projects for other people, they're something I enjoy doing on my own.

Do I want shit to just WORK and stop FREEZING UP and CRASHING? Absolutely, I'm right up there with you on that.
But, in an odd kind of way, it does feel a little more rewarding -- even if it's just wasting my time. (Time is only ever wasted, it's the one thing we have no choice but to expend.)

Once I have all my segments fully rendered out in HD (even the post-VCR stuff) I pack each of the files in order into Kdenlive.
It's a decent program even though it LITERALLY BOILS MY PC'S CPU. I just have to brace and let it takes it's slowass time.
The results are... actually usually better than what I had going in! At least on my expectations set upon by my past experiences with Movie Studio Platinum.

I don't think any consumer-level video editing software is EVER going to not suck buttrock.
But ultimately, it's not the tools, it's not the canvas; it's what You do with 'em!
I'm sure you can figure out a proper setup that, while it might not be ideal, could work more positively in your favor than it may seem to be doing at first.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, which isn't usual for me, *especially when dealing with technology*
It doesn't matter. You'll figure out something. Even if we have to dig through more and more and more potential programs.
I might even tack a cracking to some of the ones I've seen listed in here so far( !!!)

At any rate, best of luck to you and your video-making prospects! 🥳

I hate to come across as 'that kinda bitch', but if you're looking to get into video editing for the purposes of ease... you probably shouldn't be looking into video editing PERIOD.
A buddy of mine I'm close to and I were speaking on this recently while hanging out in-person. He runs an independent film company (< their YouTube) and was showing me some of his newer equipment.
It takes A LOT MORE HARDWARE to get things looking quality than I had expected. At least for it to look good on large screens, and I attended a screening with him recently where it all looked REALLY GOOD up from such a place. Most of the films weren't even ones he had a hand in, just ones he was looking to showcase from around the state. (*I moved back to AL, by the way)

I told him about my recent struggles trying to get back into video making proper. I've been having a few ideas for tangential/anecdotal-style videos about whatever topics interest me.
(I might end up sharing those here if people wanna see any of 'em once they're ready!) And... to put it bluntly... I use Movie Studio Platinum 17 off Steam. I used to use 13. And it's... it's not very good.
I pirated VEGAS 12 when I was much younger but no PC I've ever been able to afford could get it to properly function for very long without crashing.

There are *Some workarounds.
Namely rendering whatever's in the loop region at a time rather than the whole video all at once.
The more slices, edits, and effects I pile in the more the program becomes unstable. (Because a program I paid for should be horribly unoptimized.)
But re-rendering over and over until it looks like a somewhat interesting video is what it takes for me to produce... pretty much anything I'd be proud in sharing.
I'm even gonna attempt putting all (or at least most) of my more recent video ideas through an actual VCR, since I have that capability on hand.
Not sure if people will like the results or not, but I'm not making these video projects for other people, they're something I enjoy doing on my own.

Do I want shit to just WORK and stop FREEZING UP and CRASHING? Absolutely, I'm right up there with you on that.
But, in an odd kind of way, it does feel a little more rewarding -- even if it's just wasting my time. (Time is only ever wasted, it's the one thing we have no choice but to expend.)

Once I have all my segments fully rendered out in HD (even the post-VCR stuff) I pack each of the files in order into Kdenlive.
It's a decent program even though it LITERALLY BOILS MY PC'S CPU. I just have to brace and let it takes it's slowass time.
The results are... actually usually better than what I had going in! At least on my expectations set upon by my past experiences with Movie Studio Platinum.

I don't think any consumer-level video editing software is EVER going to not suck buttrock.
But ultimately, it's not the tools, it's not the canvas; it's what You do with 'em!
I'm sure you can figure out a proper setup that, while it might not be ideal, could work more positively in your favor than it may seem to be doing at first.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, which isn't usual for me, *especially when dealing with technology*
It doesn't matter. You'll figure out something. Even if we have to dig through more and more and more potential programs.
I might even tack a cracking to some of the ones I've seen listed in here so far( !!!)

At any rate, best of luck to you and your video-making prospects! 🥳
i'm not reading any of that past the first line, i want a video editor that doesn't crash when i import shit and so far fcpx is the only one

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      Xeraser @ Xeraser: it's a fucking mystery
      Back