Favorite Music ! ?
Could be your favorite song, favorite artist/band, favorite genre of music, anything. Just share what you enjoy and have some discussion on that :3

Currently reading:
Favorite Music ! ?
Could be your favorite song, favorite artist/band, favorite genre of music, anything. Just share what you enjoy and have some discussion on that :3

GRUNGOR

comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠4,792
I love music and need some more recommendations.

Description
I'm sick of "Vaporwave zero" right now, it's not vaporwave, it's completely original music with breakbeats, pads and nostalgic vibe.
for example:

The few artists I seem to be more fond of, as in, there is an above 50% chance of my liking their new releases are very few, and include:
Goreshit, Ron Wells (AKA Jack Smooth) and Hyper-On Experience.

Favorite genre? Idunno, don't really try to focus on one thing, but I happen to be more fond of Breakbeat Hardcore and Jungle Techno, which no-one is making nowadays. Generally don't care for most music out there, it either sticks with me or not, and unfortunately, 99% of everything is crap I'm afraid.

My obsessions this year have been Cindy Lee (mainly her incredible new album Diamond Jubilee), Steely Dan, desert sand feels warm at night, and Big Thief/Adrienne Lenker.
While Radiohead have probably been the most important artist in shaping my taste throughout my life, I'd probably call Boards of Canada my favourite band.
I'll link a song from everyone mentioned below, including a more obscure Radiohead song because fucking everyone knows Radiohead.

i love late 90s early 200s rnb. something about the chords and the melodies and the production is just so amazing to me

i really like this song for some reason.
╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
and i have a version with compressed sound to make it louder, so it almost sounds batter.

✄ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ✄─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ✄

here it is the file if ya want it compressed.

Attachments

i love late 90s early 200s rnb. something about the chords and the melodies and the production is just so amazing to me
agreed, some of the best produced music ever imo. Janet's The Velvet Rope and pretty much all of Sade's first few albums (a little earlier I know but still) are just sonically perfect

agreed, some of the best produced music ever imo. Janet's "The Velvet Rope" and pretty much all of Sade's first few albums (a little earlier I know but still) are just sonically perfect
was listening to velvet rope the other day. some of the most beautiful music ever recorded, extremely ahead of its time. sade is great too but havent explored the discography too far yet. diamond life has some of the most crystalline engineering ive ever heard.

was listening to velvet rope the other day. some of the most beautiful music ever recorded, extremely ahead of its time. sade is great too but havent explored the discography too far yet. diamond life has some of the most crystalline engineering ive ever heard.
If you haven't heard Love Deluxe it is no contest my favourite R&B album. No Ordinary Love is an incredible opener and the whole album just keeps you sucked in, and of course Kiss of Life is a classic. Pearls is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, and is also the basis for one of my favourite sample-flips ever, being used in the beautifully strange song Hana by Asa-Chang and Junray

Last edited:
/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      bananalizard @ bananalizard: initial question was me asking what the trumpet instrument is called thats used in the persona...
      Back