Post your desktop

Currently reading:
Post your desktop

My main PC is Arch
I use WindowMaker(1996) as my Window Manager
I wrote my own theme for it as I'm very much into the retro aesthetic, including planning to have a CRT monitor and whatnot
If you need an example of the difference, look up "windowmaker"

My main server 'top runs Debian currently and I'm playing around with Slackware on it right now.

My soon-to-be laptop will probably be a Debian-WMaker
very fucking epic windowmaker is the best

its puppy linux on an SD card and I think the de is jwm
I run it off SD so I don't have to write over the stock asus distro on the internal memory because it's epic
Even more soul, even more based. How's the performance? I got pretty low end laptop on hand as well, gonna try lubuntu, but might be too heavy and I'll be looking into something lighter.
View attachment 1317

Unorganized and shit, but I love my wallpaper.
>Still having search bar in anno domini 2022
You can just type shit in start menu and it works just the same. Save some task bar real estate.
Beside that, I hate how cluttered it is, but to each their own. Good choice in games tho. Are those shortcuts for emulators or did NMH came out for PC?

Even more soul, even more based. How's the performance? I got pretty low end laptop on hand as well, gonna try lubuntu, but might be too heavy and I'll be looking into something lighter.
its pretty fuckin good and id imagine itd be quicker if it wasnt installed to sd, everythings about as quick as if i were running xp on the machine! id love to get a bigger internal emmc and dualboot puppy and windows xp at some point so i can run deus ex and shit
what labtob u gotte?

i think the only negitive to not having it properly installed is that it uses a file on the sd card as its "save file" where it keeps all the installed programs, files and shit and it has to unpack it everytime the computer starts

>Still having search bar in anno domini 2022
You can just type shit in start menu and it works just the same. Save some task bar real estate.
Beside that, I hate how cluttered it is, but to each their own. Good choice in games tho. Are those shortcuts for emulators or did NMH came out for PC?
Yeah, I really need to do some debloating, I've become lazy.
And GHM did a port of NMH 1 and 2 for PC, but I'd recommend you emulate it because the emulation on the ports isn't that great.

lappy my beloved

explorer_0vzBD66kkF.png

installed lubunu on lappy and got LXQT to force GTK themes on QT progs. seems to work pretty well but dialog boxes and such for some programs will still default to lubuntus stock theme instead of the GTK theme. wish LXDE never went the QT route
screen.jpg

1670645567097.png

Here's mine.

where can I find similar wallpapers? I can't sleep now
i attatched a few other cool ones :)

just exlpor the internet and you'll find cool stuff, but generally using tags like "y2k" and stuff will get you cool results

Attachments

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      faen @ faen: This is very hype, I love NMS and hello games
      • Love
      Reactions: Xeraser
      Back