(radar-esque???)

faen

sound artist
comfy friend
💠 (´・ω・`) 💠
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠1,554,080
so there's this sample that bugs the shit out of me every time i hear it. i've heard it in countless jungle/breaks tracks. i was listening to visages today and the fucking SOUND came on. i've tried to find it before but its hard to search for because I don't exactly know how to describe it.
it ping pong delays between the L and R channels, seems to have a lowpass on it at 1-2khz or so, maybe with a 24db/oct curve. has sinewave qualities, but it doesn't sound like a pure sine

you can hear it several times throughout this track by visages, 0:55 for example

can also be heard in stuff by eprom, g jones, etc. i.e, you can hear it at 1:16 and 1:23 in eprom's track "hope".

please help its driving me up the fucking wall lmao

Description
(radar-esque???)
THE WHEEL UP SIGNAL

This fucking sound is everywhere in jungle and dnb tracks.
In both tracks the sample has been slowed down.

I don't know the exact origin of the sample but you can find it in the junglejungle sample pack

The sample pack may have lifted it up from this track. DJ Gunshot - Wheel Up

Here's the sound

Can't find a link to the sample pack, might upload it later.

Last edited:
THE WHEEL UP SIGNAL

This fucking sound is everywhere in jungle and dnb tracks.
In both tracks the sample has been slowed down.

I don't know the exact origin of the sample but you can find it in the junglejungle sample pack

Here's the sound
View attachment 357

Can't find a link to the sample pack, might upload it later.
fucking thank you, i can finally be at peace holy shit. going to look into it's origins and then look through my sample packs and see if i happen to already have it

Its a tone from a dub siren, basically a box that produces a repeating frequency like a sine or saw wave, they are used heavily in reggae and all the music its influenced aka why you hear variations of it commonly in music like jungle. ukg and dubstep

sorry to necro, does anyone have a cleaner version of this sample ? or maybe a sound designer can give me a headstart on how to recreate it... i've been looking for this everywhere

sorry to necro, does anyone have a cleaner version of this sample ? or maybe a sound designer can give me a headstart on how to recreate it... i've been looking for this everywhere
hi hi tawmi.

the best version of the wheel up signal I have is the one in Blu Mar Ten's JungleJungle: 1989-1999 sample pack. I've attached it for u, I think it's the highest quality version of it outside of recreating the sample yourself

Attachments

on another note however, I am a sound designer, and it could be a fun challenge to try to recreate it to the best of my ability. consider my interest piqued :)

i'd love to hear how you try it ! ill just use the dirty version in this demo until im in a sound designy mood and try to make it. thank you!

Never posted here before, and really just found this site looking for something non music related, but it's interesting that I'm into dnb and breakcore and stuff that gets talked about on here. anyways i dug around and found a decent quality of the wheel up, i didn't know the name of it either but I've heard it countless times, this will definitely get some use when I'm making stuff.

It's from this ableton project if you wanna check it out:

includes a bunch of other dub samples, stabs, one shots, sirens and stuff. would be good for jungle.

anyways hope to share some music on here eventually, cheers.

Attachments

oh wow it has the classic gunshots that you hear in uk garage haha. maybe it has the sproingy sounds too

thanks for sharing mooki, it's been cut together nicely :)

yeah np, maybe I'll come up with something better, ive been getting a lot of sample cds and packs lately. seems like it could be better, but at least the length on this one is good.

if i wasn't lazy i'd throw it in izotope rx and clean it up so its a clean sound, but i'm on a new OS install and am too lazy right now to get my audio stuff set back up lol

if i wasn't lazy i'd throw it in izotope rx and clean it up so its a clean sound, but i'm on a new OS install and am too lazy right now to get my audio stuff set back up lol
I just got this, what tool would you use? might be worth just messing with it to learn it. i was using the new stems separation stuff for djing.

I just got this, what tool would you use? might be worth just messing with it to learn it. i was using the new stems separation stuff for djing.
awesome! im unsure what comes with the newest version of izotope rx- there's probably a lot of differences between the tools in izotope rx 7 (what im used to), and izotope rx 11, which im assuming is what you're probably using. i think screwing around with it and following tutorials on using it to clean up audio is your best option, if you feel like messing with it :D

yeah its rx 11. cool ill look into it, didnt even think about using it to clean up samples, seems obvious now lol. The part separation is really advanced but it makes your cpu cry lmao. Until i figure out how to get a good result out of rx, I ran it through this software thats meant for djing called platinum notes, basically declips and adjusts the dynamics a bit. i think it sounds alright, but you tell me if its any better.

Attachments

I'd say it's a tiny bit better, but the real clean up will come with denoising imo, which is a delicate art

Never posted here before, and really just found this site looking for something non music related, but it's interesting that I'm into dnb and breakcore and stuff that gets talked about on here. anyways i dug around and found a decent quality of the wheel up, i didn't know the name of it either but I've heard it countless times, this will definitely get some use when I'm making stuff.

It's from this ableton project if you wanna check it out:

includes a bunch of other dub samples, stabs, one shots, sirens and stuff. would be good for jungle.

anyways hope to share some music on here eventually, cheers.
so cool that you found this!!! its obv not as clean as when someone like g jones recreates it but ig with the noise its probably more "faithful" to the original, which was probably recorded on sumn like this lmao
1720480227686.jpeg

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      Skiddy @ Skiddy: What about Skype then?
      Back