(radar-esque???)

faen

sound artist
comfy friend
💠 (´・ω・`) 💠
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠1,154,613
so there's this sample that bugs the shit out of me every time i hear it. i've heard it in countless jungle/breaks tracks. i was listening to visages today and the fucking SOUND came on. i've tried to find it before but its hard to search for because I don't exactly know how to describe it.
it ping pong delays between the L and R channels, seems to have a lowpass on it at 1-2khz or so, maybe with a 24db/oct curve. has sinewave qualities, but it doesn't sound like a pure sine

you can hear it several times throughout this track by visages, 0:55 for example

can also be heard in stuff by eprom, g jones, etc. i.e, you can hear it at 1:16 and 1:23 in eprom's track "hope".

please help its driving me up the fucking wall lmao

Description
(radar-esque???)
THE WHEEL UP SIGNAL

This fucking sound is everywhere in jungle and dnb tracks.
In both tracks the sample has been slowed down.

I don't know the exact origin of the sample but you can find it in the junglejungle sample pack

The sample pack may have lifted it up from this track. DJ Gunshot - Wheel Up

Here's the sound

Can't find a link to the sample pack, might upload it later.

Last edited:
THE WHEEL UP SIGNAL

This fucking sound is everywhere in jungle and dnb tracks.
In both tracks the sample has been slowed down.

I don't know the exact origin of the sample but you can find it in the junglejungle sample pack

Here's the sound
View attachment 357

Can't find a link to the sample pack, might upload it later.
fucking thank you, i can finally be at peace holy shit. going to look into it's origins and then look through my sample packs and see if i happen to already have it

Its a tone from a dub siren, basically a box that produces a repeating frequency like a sine or saw wave, they are used heavily in reggae and all the music its influenced aka why you hear variations of it commonly in music like jungle. ukg and dubstep

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      faen @ faen: were they good eggs
      Back