Currently reading:
Myserious WAV of a song I had since early 2020

shvainshtain

comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
πŸ’ 123,871
shvainshtain submitted a new resource:

Myserious WAV of a song I had since very early 2020 - HOW CAN I FIND THE SONG'S AUTHOR AND NAME

Some time ago, I found this cool WAV of a song on my computer which I downloaded in early 2020. I asked people if they know the song and no one seem to have answer. I tried using shazam and soundhound but all I'm left with is just some short upload by an idiot who abuses the distribution system or whatever it's called. Curious, if any of you on here knows the original. Cheers.

Read more about this resource...

i also have mysterious audio files! i've been holding on to this one since 2017, from some obscure ARG (https://web.archive.org/web/20170731234927/http://eone.pw/)

they had lots of weird music playing on almost every different page. i'm pretty sure most of the music was just stolen because i remember that two of them were just stolen Solar Fields tracks (complete with embedded album covers and ID3 tags, kinda ruins the immersion of an ARG)

also i've got this one, i have got absolutely no idea where it came from. it was just in my phones download folder one day.

Myserious WAV of a song I had since very early 2020 - HOW CAN I FIND THE SONG'S AUTHOR AND NAME

I'm going to try to figure out more about this track later, but I do know for fact that I recognize one of the fill samples in there, as I used the exact same fill sample in my track cloud collision almost a decade ago.

in the wav you uploaded, the fill sample is at 0:09, and in my old song the fill sample is at 0:13 (and throughtout)

interesting coincidence!

I'm going to try to figure out more about this track later, but I do know for fact that I recognize one of the fill samples in there, as I used the exact same fill sample in my track cloud collision almost a decade ago.

in the wav you uploaded, the fill sample is at 0:09, and in my old song the fill sample is at 0:13 (and throughtout)

interesting coincidence!

View attachment 314
Yoo that's sick! Where you'd get that fill sample from?

i also have mysterious audio files! i've been holding on to this one since 2017, from some obscure ARG (https://web.archive.org/web/20170731234927/http://eone.pw/)
View attachment 310
they had lots of weird music playing on almost every different page. i'm pretty sure most of the music was just stolen because i remember that two of them were just stolen Solar Fields tracks (complete with embedded album covers and ID3 tags, kinda ruins the immersion of an ARG)
vocals sound familiar, but it's interesting nonetheless

Yoo that's sick! Where you'd get that fill sample from?
I can try to find the sample, but it may be lost to time. I haven't used those sample packs in a very, very long time. Not that finding the sample would help us find the song, but it might.

A little later on today I'm going to try my best to find the original song you posted, since I'm interested too now!

I can try to find the sample, but it may be lost to time. I haven't used those sample packs in a very, very long time. Not that finding the sample would help us find the song, but it might.

A little later on today I'm going to try my best to find the original song you posted, since I'm interested too now!
Nah, I'm not asking for the sample cuz it's "gonna help find the original", it's just that I like it personally lol

Nah, I'm not asking for the sample cuz it's "gonna help find the original", it's just that I like it personally lol
Found the fill sample, its "002_D&B_Rolls" in the DnB All-Stars VIP Sample Pack from Computer Music

Path to the sample is: Nookie/01 Drums/03 Hits/03 Rolls/002_D&B_Rolls.wav

I only found this because when I was 13 I made a text file in my Dropbox that has the names of some sample packs I liked at the time

1650213521700.png

Gonna look for the song later!

I found it. tried a couple different audio fingerprinting searches around the web. came back as this;

dropped. by buhbuh (spotify) (youtube)

checked it on spotify and sure enough, its pretty much the same. i think the version you have may be a remix of dropped. by buhbuh

its definitely the same song, but there are elements that have been changed between the two. i'd assume you have a demo version, unreleased version that one of the guys' friends might've had, or just a remixed edition of it. perhaps you could reach out to jacob acosta (buhbuh) and see if he knows where its from?

glad i could help :>

I found it. tried a couple different audio fingerprinting searches around the web. came back as this;

dropped. by buhbuh (spotify) (youtube)

checked it on spotify and sure enough, its pretty much the same. i think the version you have may be a remix of dropped. by buhbuh

its definitely the same song, but there are elements that have been changed between the two. i'd assume you have a demo version, unreleased version that one of the guys' friends might've had, or just a remixed edition of it. perhaps you could reach out to jacob acosta (buhbuh) and see if he knows where its from?

glad i could help :>
holy shit dude thanks alot! mad respect
all that I have to do is try to find a way to contact him.

I found it. tried a couple different audio fingerprinting searches around the web.
where are these audio fingerprinting search engines you speak of? i got a whole backlog of shit to run through these

where are these audio fingerprinting search engines you speak of? i got a whole backlog of shit to run through these
namely, I tried Picard, retried Shazam, SoundHound, aha-music, and some others. In the end, I found it via Picard's AcoustID system.

2022-04-17 12_45_54-MusicBrainz Picard.png

The Lookup in Browser option (ctrl+shift+L), and the Scan option (ctrl+Y) are great tools for finding shit.
sometimes it can get funky though and will return results that aren't related whatsoever, so its kind of hit and miss.

Hi, just finished creating an account and I might have some crucial information about the origins of the mysterious track. Around 2017 I produced (and later privated) a song I made using a very unconventional daw which was the current date's IOS "Launchpad - Beat Music Maker" app.

Attached to this post I'll have the file for the song I mentioned which has the exact same breakbeat and pad progression.

Hopefully I've been of aid,

Snowie.

Attachments

Hi, just finished creating an account and I might have some crucial information about the origins of the mysterious track. Around 2017 I produced (and later privated) a song I made using a very unconventional daw which was the current date's IOS "Launchpad - Beat Music Maker" app.

Attached to this post I'll have the file for the song I mentioned which has the exact same breakbeat and pad progression.

Hopefully I've been of aid,

Snowie.
hi snowie,

are you suggesting the track posted by OP could have originally been made in "Launchpad - Beat Music Maker"?

its really interesting that your track and the posted track share the same elements

hi snowie,

are you suggesting the track posted by OP could have originally been made in "Launchpad - Beat Music Maker"?

its really interesting that your track and the posted track share the same elements
Hi faen, that is exactly my conclusion.

It was kind of unreal listening to that track of mine after so many years.

Regarding our topic, I am certain that whoever made this mysterious track did use the app to make it but used some external daw to mess with the final project through adding effects.

Hi faen, that is exactly my conclusion.

It was kind of unreal listening to that track of mine after so many years.

Regarding our topic, I am certain that whoever made this mysterious track did use the app to make it but used some external daw to mess with the final project through adding effects.
interesting! thanks for the insight on that :>
we hope you enjoy your stay here in comfffffffffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bbbbbbbbooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back