making music!
its FUN, come join

neo

a.k.a. dinosaur
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
πŸ’ 122,958
there seems to be alot of sample cd archiving on the website, so I thought it'd be good to make a thread to share your music in!

I made the attatched piece as one of the tracks for the opening act of a computer game I'm making. Have a listen! It's called "SECOND VISION".

what about you guise?

Description
its FUN, come join

Attachments

i'll chip in to this thread, i started out writing dnb/jungle stuff when I was about 13, but nowadays i make experimental/folktronica/ambient stuff????

here's a few tracks off of a couple of my releases as 'sΓ€de mikkonen'

i really enjoy field recording foley stuff these days. its really fun to work with self recorded material and turn it into little drum/percussion loops. i.e, the percussion loop that comes in at 3;40 on the first track was recorded by scraping a capstan with a rock from the surrounding area when visiting a lake with my girlfriend. i ran a sm57 from inside the capstan to my zoom h6 and then got all kinds of sick, really unique sounding samples

Nice. The sample CD stuff is what brought me here.
I've been making some stuff with those old ravey samples.
I'll just drop some wips

i've focused primarily on sound design and immersiveness
all art is infinite, so why limit to pre-existing confines?
i go under a few names but mainly : you could only see eyes (aka ycose)
and i've apart of a band with my friend anyaune eule for around 7 years now
here's a light sample of our discographies

Attachments

damn, this wouldn't sound out of place if it were in the half life soundtrack, nice work!

View attachment 254

heres some bullshit i made when i was 15 lul
thats such a compliment lmao, HL2 is one my biggest inspirations in art, the TONE, the STYLE, the VISCERAL FEEL, and occasionally fucking aphex twin shows up in the ost lol

that music sounds great! your melodies are way better than mine. Reminded me of breakcore undertale initally but by the end it sounds alot like Doseone I think? Maybe not lol. Nice work!

chip tune and id Tech mod music :) i ended up making disco with one of the CD's in the archive
super clean and nice! It reminds me of one of my favorite rave tracks, the Lost Souls Of Saturn's remix of UNKLE's "do yourself some good" (am I allowed to link yo yt in here? lol)

great job!

i'll chip in to this thread, i started out writing dnb/jungle stuff when I was about 13, but nowadays i make experimental/folktronica/ambient stuff????

here's a few tracks off of a couple of my releases as 'sΓ€de mikkonen'

View attachment 258

View attachment 259

View attachment 260

View attachment 261

i really enjoy field recording foley stuff these days. its really fun to work with self recorded material and turn it into little drum/percussion loops. i.e, the percussion loop that comes in at 3;40 on the first track was recorded by scraping a capstan with a rock from the surrounding area when visiting a lake with my girlfriend. i ran a sm57 from inside the capstan to my zoom h6 and then got all kinds of sick, really unique sounding samples

That first track is great! I'm not a particuarly talented musician but I do enjoy making ambient stuff, have you ever listened to wet land? It's one of the most beautiful ambient records ever, I've listened to it more times than I can count lol. You're right, the percussion sounds cool! The closest I've ever gotten to field recording is a track I'm doing soon where the main bit is a cut up sample of one of my friends jumping around saying "GIVE ME DATA PLEASE, JUST PLEASE, I NEED YOUR DATA" while wearing an empty beer box on his head lmfao. I'll attach one of my own ambient tracks for you to try!

Nice. The sample CD stuff is what brought me here.
I've been making some stuff with those old ravey samples.
I'll just drop some wips
View attachment 267
View attachment 268
View attachment 269

HAHA, harry enfeild I love it! I used to just watch loadsa money over and over again when I was like 14, I loved that shit. Genuinely great production though, holy shit. I espeically love how the melody closes off at the end of the first track!

HOLY SHIT the second track is HYPER-PHONK 8008 I LOVE IT.

please. teach me how you do this lol.

i've focused primarily on sound design and immersiveness
all art is infinite, so why limit to pre-existing confines?
i go under a few names but mainly : you could only see eyes (aka ycose)
and i've apart of a band with my friend anyaune eule for around 7 years now
here's a light sample of our discographies

The first track initally reminds me ALOT of to here knows when by MBV. which is one of my favourite songs ever so thats a great thing lmao. I like it! very atmospheric, it reminds me of galen tipton if it was ACTUALLY GOOD.

Attachments

Holy shit you guys are genuinely fucking awesome

ive always loved 4 on the floor dance music since i was a wee baby child and ive always wanted to make some but ive been too much of a lazy dumb clown to learn some sort of software.
i got some samples and started messing around on openMPT a year ago and thought making a tune with the bubbles rap and my own rap would be insanely funny
PRE-PEAR for Y2KBAZOS CLUBBED II DEF '93 MAXI EDITION ALBUM

i call this one, LOVE 4 DA FUTUΠ―

i made these masterpieces when i was like 17 on fl and the only thing i knew how to do was make a beat and melody :eggsdee:

I used to just watch loadsa money over and over again when I was like 14, I loved that shit.
the best song. me and my friends would piss people off with it in middle school lamoe

Holy shit you guys are genuinely fucking awesome

ive always loved 4 on the floor dance music since i was a wee baby child and ive always wanted to make some but ive been too much of a lazy dumb clown to learn some sort of software.
i got some samples and started messing around on openMPT a year ago and thought making a tune with the bubbles rap and my own rap would be insanely funny
PRE-PEAR for Y2KBAZOS CLUBBED II DEF '93 MAXI EDITION ALBUM
View attachment 284
i call this one, LOVE 4 DA FUTUΠ―
View attachment 286

i made these masterpieces when i was like 17 on fl and the only thing i knew how to do was make a beat and melody :eggsdee:
View attachment 287
View attachment 290

the best song. me and my friends would piss people off with it in middle school lamoe

lmao I get big nanoray and Team Mekano vibes of it. the beat on the second one legitmately goes hard, though the sample is a little annoying lmao. I feel like that might have been intentional haha.

great shit!

lmao I get big nanoray and Team Mekano vibes of it. the beat on the second one legitmately goes hard, though the sample is a little annoying lmao. I feel like that might have been intentional haha.

great shit!
thxx a bunch! it means alot
i gotta figure out what y'all are listening to because i dont think ive ever gone down the road of breakcore, phonk, atmospheric, etc and yall seem to be inspired by awesome music!

thxx a bunch! it means alot
i gotta figure out what y'all are listening to because i dont think ive ever gone down the road of breakcore, phonk, atmospheric, etc and yall seem to be inspired by awesome music!
hey if you want I'll give u a list of the albums that inspire me most lol, although my music definitely isn't the best in this thread.

NOT EVEN BEING like "aw my musics bad..." for attention it is literally just not composed or produced as well as everyone elses lmfao

hey if you want I'll give u a list of the albums that inspire me most lol, although my music definitely isn't the best in this thread.

NOT EVEN BEING like "aw my musics bad..." for attention it is literally just not composed or produced as well as everyone elses lmfao
yee definitely! id like to hear it
the cheezy stuff is the best stuff

yee definitely! id like to hear it
the cheezy stuff is the best stuff

Wet Land by Hiroshi Yoshimura is one of my favourites, you can find it on soulseek, yt, or I could even send it to you if you'd like. Peshay's 1996 Studio Set is a fucking masterpiece and it blew up on youtube like last year and got alot of people into jungle, myself included. It's very beautiful music. RDJ by aphex twin is great also. Team Mekano's new record Mekanoworld.xyz is fucking brilliant, and has some fucking unreal techno tunes on it.

My favourite album ever, is a very weird one because it's one of the few non techno/ambient records I like, and I REALLY love it, I have a poster of it on my wall lol. The 2004 version of Brian Wilson's "SMiLE" is fucking godly, I could sing it's praises for hours but I'll say you should listen to it lol. Listen to the 1967 version if you like MEKANOTIER compression lol.

i havent really made a lot of music that is worth posting.

Wet Land by Hiroshi Yoshimura is one of my favourites, you can find it on soulseek, yt, or I could even send it to you if you'd like. Peshay's 1996 Studio Set is a fucking masterpiece and it blew up on youtube like last year and got alot of people into jungle, myself included. It's very beautiful music. RDJ by aphex twin is great also. Team Mekano's new record Mekanoworld.xyz is fucking brilliant, and has some fucking unreal techno tunes on it.

My favourite album ever, is a very weird one because it's one of the few non techno/ambient records I like, and I REALLY love it, I have a poster of it on my wall lol. The 2004 version of Brian Wilson's "SMiLE" is fucking godly, I could sing it's praises for hours but I'll say you should listen to it lol. Listen to the 1967 version if you like MEKANOTIER compression lol.
I really love Wet Land, and Hiroshi Yoshimura in general. In my collection I've got his album Green, Wet Land, and Wave Notation 1 - Music for Nine Postcards! I have a very extensive collection that I host on slsk, but I only really bother hosting on soulseek to help others out. I prefer torrenting albums for my collection via private trackers, then using mp3tag to clean up any whack metadata. After cleaning things up, I run fre:ac and (while keeping the original) convert to a .ogg version of whatever I've torrented to place in a separate "Collection Optimized" folder. Said folder is then synced to my phone using syncthing, and the whole process is quick and painless this way! I also back everything up to my homelab/NAS, so I can make sure to not lose my collection. (I should really just fuckin upload it all to backblaze as a failsafe but fuck, dude, im poor lol)

Looking back on this post before posting- Idk why I went into detail about how I manage my collection, but hey lol. perhaps someone will find it helpful somehow

I really love Wet Land, and Hiroshi Yoshimura in general. In my collection I've got his album Green, Wet Land, and Wave Notation 1 - Music for Nine Postcards! I have a very extensive collection that I host on slsk, but I only really bother hosting on soulseek to help others out. I prefer torrenting albums for my collection via private trackers, then using mp3tag to clean up any whack metadata. After cleaning things up, I run fre:ac and (while keeping the original) convert to a .ogg version of whatever I've torrented to place in a separate "Collection Optimized" folder. Said folder is then synced to my phone using syncthing, and the whole process is quick and painless this way! I also back everything up to my homelab/NAS, so I can make sure to not lose my collection. (I should really just fuckin upload it all to backblaze as a failsafe but fuck, dude, im poor lol)

Looking back on this post before posting- Idk why I went into detail about how I manage my collection, but hey lol. perhaps someone will find it helpful somehow
DO NOT use backblaze, at least their "personal backup" product. i'm sure that B2 is alright, havent used it but heard nothing bad about it. Personal Backup is shit, the client is unstable as fuck and memory leaks almost all the time. i haven't been able to get anything to upload for about 9 months now. supposedly, people have managed to upload petabytes of data through it, but i'm convinced they are just lucky.

also the only way to reliably get ur shit off it is to have them ship you a bunch of hard drives with the shit on it, because the web UI for restoring data forces everything to be zipped, and i'm just not going to be able to download a 48TB zip file

DO NOT use backblaze, at least their "personal backup" product. i'm sure that B2 is alright, havent used it but heard nothing bad about it. Personal Backup is shit, the client is unstable as fuck and memory leaks almost all the time. i haven't been able to get anything to upload for about 9 months now. supposedly, people have managed to upload petabytes of data through it, but i'm convinced they are just lucky.

also the only way to reliably get ur shit off it is to have them ship you a bunch of hard drives with the shit on it, because the web UI for restoring data forces everything to be zipped, and i'm just not going to be able to download a 48TB zip file
damn, thanks for the heads up. do you have a preferred cloud service that can back up TBs of shit that doesn't break the bank? I'd prefer to not go for google drive, mega, or dropbox, and I feel like running a nextcloud container on my home lab is a bit redundant considering all the files are already backed up to it, so I don't really think thats an option either

damn, thanks for the heads up. do you have a preferred cloud service that can back up TBs of shit that doesn't break the bank? I'd prefer to not go for google drive, mega, or dropbox, and I feel like running a nextcloud container on my home lab is a bit redundant considering all the files are already backed up to it, so I don't really think thats an option either
my preferred backup method is letting strangers on the internet download anything i find interesting and then making an internet forum for those strangers to gather so i can easily find them when something goes wrong.

i have no reasonable answer for you. every cloud storage company is unreasonably expensive nowadays and you'll get your shit wiped for the slightest hint of a ToS violation. some seedbox providers sell dedis which have ancient hardware but lots of storage? thats how i host all this shit at least.

my preferred backup method is letting strangers on the internet download anything i find interesting and then making an internet forum for those strangers to gather so i can easily find them when something goes wrong.

i have no reasonable answer for you. every cloud storage company is unreasonably expensive nowadays and you'll get your shit wiped for the slightest hint of a ToS violation. some seedbox providers sell dedis which have ancient hardware but lots of storage? thats how i host all this shit at least.
thanks for the tip on the seedbox stuff, ill check some of those out. also lol, genius way of backing things up considering i alone have downloaded a couple of terabytes of things posted here

do you guys use a particular program to store all your music nicely? I used iTunes, but since I recently uninstalled windows in favor of gnu/linux i cant rlly use it anymore lol

I still have all my mp3s tho

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back