making music!
its FUN, come join

Currently reading:
making music!
its FUN, come join

Here's one I made this week, more of an acid/rave/dubsteppy thing. Max 4 audio tracks used at once, because minimalism.

Here's one I made this week, more of an acid/rave/dubsteppy thing. Max 4 audio tracks used at once, because minimalism.
View attachment 1180
I believe that having restrictions like that only breeds creativity. Classic video game music being an obvious example. Composers for those old games made some truly magical things that probably wouldn't have been half as amazing had they not been so limited by the hardware.

Semi on topic, does anyone have any favorite resources for learning music theory? My knowledge on the subject is pretty minimal and I'm trying to learn more, but it's pretty slow going reading random articles and watching youtube videos.

Here's another song I finished recently, it's a lot closer in style to what I typically make. Not sure how much this sort of thing fits in here, it's pretty different from what tends to get posted in this thread.

hello

how can i make music on the computer more better?

hello

View attachment 1388

how can i make music on the computer more better?
This is cool, the first half feels like something out of Metroid Prime. Elements of the second half reminded me of some of the music in Portal 2. Both good things. I don't really know much about making this style of music, so I have no real advice for improving it, but I like the sound selections. That kinda crunchy sounding synth at the very end has a cool texture, sounds almost like it went through an amp sim?

I have like 20 unfinished Renoise projects and only one I'm mostly satisfied with is, more or less, closer to completion.

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      horde @ horde: hard
      Back