making music!
its FUN, come join

Currently reading:
making music!
its FUN, come join

i made this little thing just now. it's a bit short and pretty shit since i have 0 experience making jungle but i did my best. let me know what you think :)
(t's also lacking a name so name ideas are appreciated)

Attachments

here's a track for a thing i'm working on. i posted it in another thread and was encouraged to post it here as well. i hope you enjoy :)

Attachments

Starting to work on a sort of throwback/travesty '95-'97 big beat album. Almost done sampling breaks and stuff, but I won't have any finished tracks for a few months.

In the mean time, here's an unfinished thing that's been sitting on my desktop for a couple years and probably won't get used. Recorded it live to stereo when I was starting to learn my way around a step sequencer I'd just finished building. Just guitar loops and a Yamaha DTXpress drum brain from something like 1990, and I think a Kawai K1m but I can't tell for sure. I kind of like it even though it's sloppy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1.5 MB Views: 90
Really good stuff in here!

Like many people I don't finish my tracks. My tactic is this: I call them finished and upload them anyway.

Here is something I made recently with some samples from here and some VSTs also. I'm going for some video game menu music vibes:

Hello let me introduce myself with music experiments and beats.
I am a heavy sample dude, and I will start out with 4 more sophisticated beats.

And then here are some more Plunderphonic/Eccojam/Chopped & Screwed things I have made, just a few

I might post more when I am more comfortable with this site ^^
Cheers and I'll be here tomorrow!
Be as nice or as harsh to these snippets and shit lol

Eccojam

Dunno I am board and ready to post

Dump from july

Really good stuff in here!

Like many people I don't finish my tracks. My tactic is this: I call them finished and upload them anyway.

Here is something I made recently with some samples from here and some VSTs also. I'm going for some video game menu music vibes:

This is nice, definitely Toejam and Earl vibes like the other guy said. Something about some of the vocal samples reminds me of some of the menu music from Earthbound as well.

There is some really cool stuff in this thread. I notice it's mostly electronic and sample based material, anyone here interested in stuff with live instruments and vocals? I do use some samples in my songs, especially with synths and drums because recording real drums is an expensive pain! Here's a new song I recently made that I've gotten some compliments on. It's probably the closest thing I have in vibe to what I've seen posted here.

This is nice, definitely Toejam and Earl vibes like the other guy said. Something about some of the vocal samples reminds me of some of the menu music from Earthbound as well.

There is some really cool stuff in this thread. I notice it's mostly electronic and sample based material, anyone here interested in stuff with live instruments and vocals? I do use some samples in my songs, especially with synths and drums because recording real drums is an expensive pain! Here's a new song I recently made that I've gotten some compliments on. It's probably the closest thing I have in vibe to what I've seen posted here.

View attachment 1178

Thank you! I like yours also, you have a very nice voice. The reverb effects are pretty cool and trippy too. Do you mind saying what plugin you used for that?

Thank you! I like yours also, you have a very nice voice. The reverb effects are pretty cool and trippy too. Do you mind saying what plugin you used for that?
Are you working on a video game soundtrack, or do you just like the style? You 100% nailed the video game music menu vibes. And thanks for the kind words! I used one of Garageband's built in reverb plugins called PlatinumVerb, but to add to the effect I also have three separate vocal tracks; one in the center with just a little reverb on it, and one panned to each side with a much longer and more pronounced reverb.

Are you working on a video game soundtrack, or do you just like the style? You 100% nailed the video game music menu vibes. And thanks for the kind words! I used one of Garageband's built in reverb plugins called PlatinumVerb, but to add to the effect I also have three separate vocal tracks; one in the center with just a little reverb on it, and one panned to each side with a much longer and more pronounced reverb.
Ty, I'd love to make music for a game someday, but for now I just do it for fun. Thanks for the 'verb info. Do you used 3 separate vocal takes or just 3 instances of the 1 take?

Ty, I'd love to make music for a game someday, but for now I just do it for fun. Thanks for the 'verb info. Do you used 3 separate vocal takes or just 3 instances of the 1 take?
3 separate takes, I often have at least one double for vocals in most of my tracks, and it usually sounds better (to me, anyway) using different takes.

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back