Custom MAME Build (No Nag, DMCA'd Games Support)

🎮 games Custom MAME Build (No Nag, DMCA'd Games Support) 2023-03-16

Currently reading:
🎮 games Custom MAME Build (No Nag, DMCA'd Games Support)

RagRappy

Whose eyes are those eyes ?
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠157,294
Fuck Exa-Arcadia! There's tons of other shmups being sold nowadays and none of them had the audacity to come to MAME to cry about something perfectly legal. I keep on myself a copy of the 240.build that still ran those games but I might get this version too, for archival purposes. Would just be a pain to re-make all of my configurations changes (I really like the CRT shader I got going on) and potentially have to re-download a ton of ROMs to match the version of the emulator.
Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I tested it, and I can't seem to get it to run the DMCA'd games. Akai Katana and SDOJ don't even show up on the ROMs list, and I've seen them run fine on my other MAME builds. Otherwise yeah, it's a working build of MAME 0.252 but I already had that.

Edit2: link to the Internet Archive of the same build that I use: https://archive.org/details/mame-0240.12302021-bbfe_202201

Last edited:
Fuck Exa-Arcadia! There's tons of other shmups being sold nowadays and none of them had the audacity to come to MAME to cry about something perfectly legal. I keep on myself a copy of the 240.build that still ran those games but I might get this version too, for archival purposes. Would just be a pain to re-make all of my configurations changes (I really like the CRT shader I got going on) and potentially have to re-download a ton of ROMs to match the version of the emulator.
Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I tested it, and I can't seem to get it to run the DMCA'd games. Akai Katana and SDOJ don't even show up on the ROMs list, and I've seen them run fine on my other MAME builds. Otherwise yeah, it's a working build of MAME 0.252 but I already had that.

Edit2: link to the Internet Archive of the same build that I use: https://archive.org/details/mame-0240.12302021-bbfe_202201
That's weird, I shared the file with some homies of mine and they had no trouble running Akai Katana. The games show up as well... Did you put this build in a different folder, or have you simply overwritten your previous MAME files ? I keep this build in a separate folder so maybe it changes something

I placed the build on a separate folder, and put the Akai Katana and SDOJ roms in it's own subfolder, and they don't show up on the list. I really have no idea why, all other MAME builds I have installed work like that out of the box. Maybe something to do with it, is that I added a separate folder of ROMs that I already have, and MAME didn't save it correctly. Probably connected to that.

I placed the build on a separate folder, and put the Akai Katana and SDOJ roms in it's own subfolder, and they don't show up on the list. I really have no idea why, all other MAME builds I have installed work like that out of the box. Maybe something to do with it, is that I added a separate folder of ROMs that I already have, and MAME didn't save it correctly. Probably connected to that.
Hmmm in that case you might want to try the original link and setting up your ROMs folder again (updated build)

I did that, downloaded the updated build again, unpacked to folder, dropped the ROMs in there. Nothing. I don't understand. Did you test them yourself?

I did that, downloaded the updated build again, unpacked to folder, dropped the ROMs in there. Nothing. I don't understand. Did you test them yourself?
Yeah ok I just tried all of their builds from 0.251 to 0.255 and for some reason the DMCAd roms aren't included, sorry about that. the build I uploaded still works tho, perhaps I got it from somewhere else

Thanks for checking, so I wasn't going crazy. Going to download your version and keep it in my backups folder, then!

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      Xeraser @ Xeraser: it's a fucking mystery
      Back