Some Nice Thoughts

Currently reading:
Some Nice Thoughts

severalcrimson

comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
πŸ’ 29,927
This website is chill; calm; domesticated. It's relaxing; serene; it is... comfy. Just so comfy.
Its foundation, archiving, is an important pillar of history.

It helps us understand people and societies, media, helps us in critiquing its worth, its consumers, producers, its sources and goals
all goals that give us more perspective on things.

I'm not sure if ninturez wants a huge website with hundreds of thousands of users or something, but I like it now.
A small community; makes me feel like we're all snuggled in together, you know?

I'm not sure if ninturez wants a huge website with hundreds of thousands of users or something, but I like it now.
A small community; makes me feel like we're all snuggled in together, you know?
I definitely want the site to grow, but I don't think i could handle >100,000 members. i am perfectly okay with having a smol lil website

My problem is I don't know who or where to advertise the website. I don't really have a target audience other than "people who use the internet". I think it is more interesting to watch people find the website completely on their own or through word-of-mouth.

I definitely want the site to grow, but I don't think i could handle >100,000 members. i am perfectly okay with having a smol lil website

My problem is I don't know who or where to advertise the website. I don't really have a target audience other than "people who use the internet". I think it is more interesting to watch people find the website completely on their own or through word-of-mouth.
I 100% agree.

i found it through bazo lol

There aren't a lot of good sites to "stumble upon" these days tbh, so finding this was great. Silently lurking here has been a highlight of the last few months and I feel like others should get to have the experience of discovering an Internet community.

advertising is cringe.

There aren't a lot of good sites to "stumble upon" these days tbh, so finding this was great. Silently lurking here has been a highlight of the last few months and I feel like others should get to have the experience of discovering an Internet community.

advertising is cringe.
Yeah, for this idea on a bigger scale, check out the book The Marketing of Evil by David Kupelian, lots of things to think about.

Yeah, for this idea on a bigger scale, check out the book The Marketing of Evil by David Kupelian, lots of things to think about.
>download book from libgen
>literally takes two sentences before this guy complains about "homosexuals openly flouting the law and getting married"
>"We've gone from a nation unified by traditional Judeo-Christian values to one in which those same values are increasingly scorned, rejected, and demonized."

Can you tell me what this book has to do with advertising a community on the Internet, or the experience of discovering a niche Internet community? The entire first chapter of this book is dedicated to presenting an argument that the gay rights movement and the legalization of same-sex marriage was solely for the purpose of pacifying the conscience of "militant homosexuals" because apparently deep down every gay knows that their attraction/"urges"/whatever are "immoral, unnatural, and denies the existence of God and His laws". It tops it off with stating, in essence, that homosexuals reproduce by raping children.

I'm a gay autistic furry. I promise you, it's wasn't the result of being raped or molested. The only thing this book made me think about is how many people would only ever come to accept my existence if I were a dead body. Forgive me for my woke radical leftist bias or whatever

Here's the book, for the lazy lurkers:

Attachments

• 12.7 MB Views: 109
>literally takes two sentences before this guy complains about "homosexuals openly flouting the law and getting married"
>"We've gone from a nation unified by traditional Judeo-Christian values to one in which those same values are increasingly scorned, rejected, and demonized."

Can you tell me what this book has to do with advertising a community on the Internet, or the experience of discovering a niche Internet community? The entire first chapter of this book is dedicated to presenting an argument that the gay rights movement and the legalization of same-sex marriage was solely for the purpose of pacifying the conscience of "militant homosexuals" because apparently deep down every gay knows that their attraction/"urges"/whatever are "immoral, unnatural, and denies the existence of God and His laws". It tops it off with stating, in essence, that homosexuals reproduce by raping children.

I'm a gay autistic furry. I promise you, it's wasn't the result of being raped or molested. The only thing this book made me think about is how many people would only ever come to accept my existence if I were a dead body. Forgive me for my woke radical leftist bias or whatever

Take it as an analogy. The idea is that gay people were in a small community, not very loud, not many people knew about them. The gay community was small, probably it wasn't even a community, just groups forming around in neighborhoods or towns. People like to be apart of small communities because it feels like you're in the "cool kids club". And when there are so few people, members generally have time to give attention to new members. And some people are attention cravers. Now you can't take one step in Twitter without hearing a thing about LGBT.

The analogy is that this website is small in its true sense, if a lot of people learned about it they would want to be apart of this small community because being part of small communities is nice. However after a few thousand people joining this "small" community, it isn't so small anymore... I have to agree this is kind of a strech but I tried to make sense out of it.

And just in case of anything I want to say that I have nothing against homosexual people, except those loud and obnoxious ones which can't stop talking about it, cause drama all the time and make it their whole personality.

It's alright. I didn't mean site advertising specifically, I meant exactly what internaut was saying about getting bigger, communities, not just websites. So it's in a more general, broader sense.

The guy is very clearly writing from his own standpoint, probably conservative, you can even tell from the chapter headings before the text even.
And I do quite appreciate your diplomacy, stating your biases, I hope you accept my apology of forgetting to tell you that author's biases.
In retrospect just seems so dim-witted, my apologies. ❀️

I'll suggest another book for another perspective on the homosexuality thing for further reading if you're interested. Don't worry though, no more thoughts about dead bodies, the writers aren't like this, they're actually for it:
It's called After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's.

It's about this idea of expanding communities, how it's done and all that.

Let's hope you can achieve your goalβœŒοΈβ€

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back