FI (Further Instructions) and Forums Wiki
Turn up your hearing aid and wipe down your reading glasses kids!

Currently reading:
FI (Further Instructions) and Forums Wiki

neo

a.k.a. dinosaur
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
šŸ’ 122,958
hey guys it's ME I'm BACK and with a new username to boot.

I considered whether I should post about this or not, I kind of like that it's a little obscure PIECE of early internetica(?) all to myself but I think you guys would get a real kick out of it :D

https://forumswiki.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is Forums Wiki! A 38 page, sparsely decorated, out of the box wikia wiki about forums. If you click on the "all pages" button you'll get to see all 38 glorious pages the site features. When I found this I JUMPED I was that happy, look at all these... THINGS to read!

Well, bad news. Every page on this wiki is pretty thin on reading. At least half of the pages don't feature any text at all bar the title! So why did I post about this? There's an EXCEPTION.
F. MOTHERFUCKIN'. I.

This page has got to be, one of, if not the MOST DETAILED recording of a now gone and forgotten internet forum's culture I have ever fucking seen. It boggles the mind how fucking long this article is. A full copy of the page (mind you a small amount of this is stuff copied from the Fandom HUD) comes in at 93 pages and 25,708 words. I did read most of it when I found it but I've forgotten alot of it. There's alot of links to threads I remember that are now beyond broken because yea, surprise, FI isn't around anymore. I did find it a fascinating read though, I really enjoy Encyclopedia Dramatica, and it's definitely copying it's homework a little.

I had a theory back then that this was actually an old ED article copied into Forums Wiki, but I don't think it is. ED doesn't have any references to FI on any page, including on pages for sites that were adjacent to FI, like tv.com. And while the style is DEFINITELY similar, the key difference is that as you read it you can tell this was very likely written by someone who was a regular on FI, or at least a lurker. ED's style is generally very outside looking in, but the FI article is too long and too detailed for this to be anyone but an EXPERIENCED FI-...ER???

Do you have any theories about this wiki? Do you know anything else about Forums Wiki or Further Instructions? Do you have any ideas about how we could find out more about them?

Enjoy the reading boys :D

-neo

Description
/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back