Currently reading:
New year, new user! :D

CheeseburgerToss

comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
šŸ’ 1,839
Hi all!

I just stumbled across this site while browsing reddit's opendirectories sub, somebody put ftp on their box, leaving anonymous access write-enabled on purpose.

ftp://142.186.48.74/other/v.url

This site seems like a breath of fresh air from both mainstream (reddit/twitter) and inentionally-edgy (4chan) websites, a small community with passion for internet history from what I can tell?

I haven't used a proper forum in at least 10 years so as my memories all come back to me of how to navigate things, I'll post an about me!

Internet history is fun and awesome, just as mathematicians learn from the past, I feel like it's my duty as a programmer (and sometimes designer) to learn about what people were up to 10+ years ago as they surfed the world-wide web.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time playing around with semi-old-ish unix installations - currently trying my best to learn OpenIndiana (opensolaris fork) so I can help out, and was semi-lurking the Plan9Front development process while setting up a few systems with it (super fun and interesting people there but I didn't have a lot to contribute).

As far as I can recall, I was reading 4chan around 2009 and was already fascinated with YTMND's (to which I was seriously late). I have a memory of the internet of yore as being largely depoliticized, but for all sorts of reasons I've been questioning that a lot lately.

My internet usage more recently has gotten me into some pretty neat communities, I've been active in Facebook meme bot circles (spb5k-like pages), Stirnerposting groups, and probably more that I can't recall offhand.

I don't know what else to write so I'm hitting the post button :D

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back