Resource icon

🎶 music My personal treasure trove of Yamaha MOTIF XS / XF libraries - (compatible with MOXF/MODX/MONTAGE) 2023-01-06

Currently reading:
🎶 music My personal treasure trove of Yamaha MOTIF XS / XF libraries - (compatible with MOXF/MODX/MONTAGE)

Xeraser

Professional shade thrower.
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠520,550
Warning: apparently many Motif/MO XF libraries refuse to work on the Montage/MODX, whether they contain LPC-compressed waveforms (Yamaha libraries, Synthogy, parts of Jamal's Flash) or not.
A workaround for some of these is to go into Edit, Part 1 Common and then turn off "ARP PLAY ONLY". If that doesn't work then tough luck, one more reason to throw that garbage away and go back to the MOTIFs.

This somehow makes me wanna buy one.
Which is the cheapest model you can recommend? Im totally new to Motifs but i love 90s and 00s synths, even if they are shit to program :-)

This somehow makes me wanna buy one.
Which is the cheapest model you can recommend? Im totally new to Motifs but i love 90s and 00s synths, even if they are shit to program :-)
Motif XF and MOXF can load ALL the libraries I've posted. MOXF is a cut down XF (less controls, less expandability and slightly fiddlier library loading, much shittier navigation, worse keybed, slightly worse converters, sequencer is infinitely harder to use, gains step recording and usb audio)
If you're gonna get a single workstation to keep forever go for the XF, you get nearly zero limitations and there are 3rd party flash boards if you can't find official yamaha ones. XF8 comes with a mlan or firewire audio interface, depends on the production date but it's written on the back of the card, FW16E is the better one. White ones are 4 years newer and have likely been used much much less than black ones
MOTIFs are easy as fuck to program on-board, especially the XS and XF but there are PC editors too

as for price the motif classic (avoid the rack) and ES (rack is fine but can't load samples) are the cheapest, both are old but the ES aged more gracefully
pokémon colosseum soundtrack was done entirely on a motif classic so listen to that for an extended demo
ES uses a different soundset, if you're into arrangers the tyros 2 uses an expanded version of that. was used a lot for first party gamecube games, not sure about the wii ones but all wii system tracks were made with one (eg wii shop channel)
both can have 4 elements per voice, same way roland works but it's less retarded
XS and XF can have 8 elements per voice plus each voice can swap between either 3 or 4 sets of samples (on the fly) in total

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      DangercloseOhNo @ DangercloseOhNo: big big big
      Back