Currently reading:
Looking for an 88 key MIDI with weighted keys

snekmuffin

jan Tawi Tasumi
comfy friend
Reaction score
comfy coins
💠10,169
Sup sup. Anyone got any model names for a full size MIDI with weighted keys? Preferably one that's got no synth or anything, just barebones keys.
Currently using M-Audio Keystation 88, but like most MIDI keybs it's got very light keys, and after going back to an upright earlier this month, it felt so heavy to my atrophied fingies lol

So since this very specific request is kinda hard to search for other than by the way of browsing and comparing models manually, I'm looking for suggestions if you have 'em

!!Launchkey!!
Heard good things about it.

It was featured on Sound on Sound

Alternatively a fully weighted keybed would be M audio hammer 88

ooooooh, those look perfect! Thanks a bunch, I'll read up on em and see if I can find somewhere to buy them

pha IV keybed of Roland mimicks the action of an upright. You might want to look into keyboards that have it.

Budget alternative would be to buy a used and old epiano. Most doesn´t have pitchbend and modwheel but MIDI is quite common.
Sometimes they are for free in my area, just set some FB marketplace tickers and all the platforms in your area...

ooooooh, those look perfect! Thanks a bunch, I'll read up on em and see if I can find somewhere to buy them
!!Launchkey!!
Heard good things about it.

It was featured on Sound on Sound

Alternatively a fully weighted keybed would be M audio hammer 88
Absolutely fucking NOT, Launchkeys are fucking terrible. The build quality is on par with Casio's toy keyboards. M-Audio's stuff has always been mediocre at best too.

Get an old MOTIF8, it has one of the best keybeds ever made. Sure, it's a workstation too but who cares.

I have only tested this in the store but studio logic SL73 and SL88 is really nice :)
It have very good tangents like a piano.

/pub/ ~ public channel
Help Users
      faen @ faen: were they good eggs
      Back